Church of Santa Maria at Corsano
The outer part of the church, dating back to the 12th century, is characterised by a bell tower in its facade, which has two orders of mullioned windows. Other churches, such as the nearby Pieve di Santa Maria alla Sovara, also had similar bell towers in the past. However, this church is exceptional as it has almost entirely retained its original style, apart from a few modifications which were carried out in the 15th century. Its dedication to St Michael the Archangel dates back to 1198, when it was officially stated that the church was owned by the Camaldolese.
Pieve of Santa Maria at the Sovara
This building is one of the best surviving Romanesque churches in the Tuscan Tiber Valley. The church as it appears today dates back to the 15th century, when the bell tower was erected. The remains of the original tower on the facade of this 10th-11th century building can still be seen from the inside. However, in the church of Santa Maria a Corsano, in the area of San Leo in Anghiari, the typical tower has incredibly remained intact. The rector of this parish was Giovanni de’ Medici, son of Lorenzo the Magnificent and future Pope Leo X.
Pieve di Santa Maria at Micciano
Probably started around the 8th century, this building was owned by the lords of Galbino until the 12th century, when it was given to the Camaldolese order. It was the baptismal font of the community of Anghiari until a baptistery was built in the town itself just after the Battle of Anghiari (29th June 1440). The building acquired its current form in a late 19th century restoration when the original appearance of the church, featuring three aisles and three apses, was modified. The remaining central apse bears witness to the ancient origins of the building.
Sanctuary of the Madonna del Carmine
This massive 16th century sanctuary was born after the appearance of the Virgin Mary to a young shepherdess on 11 January 1536. The project of the building was made by Giovan Battista Camerini from Bibbiena and realized between the 1536 and the 1552 and taken by the Carmelite first and then by the Camaldolese.